Whether you want to get into ocean swimming, or are looking for added motivation to maintain your fitness or simply enjoy swimming, the Banana Boat New Zealand Ocean Swim Series is for you. With swim distances to suit all ages and abilities, the Series provides a stage to set yourself challenges and achieve your goals.
Check out all the details and enter at oceanswim.co.nz
- 2km – 5km swims
A great challenge for individuals who have trained or have swimming experience. Age eligibility is from 12 years old and over.
- 750m – 1.25km swims
Ideal for those swimmers who would like a challenge but perhaps aren’t quite ready to enter the longer distance swims! Age eligibility is 10 years old and over.
- 500m swims
The 500m swim is a great introduction to ocean swimming and is suitable for most swimming abilities and ages. The 500m course is typically a triangular course which is close to the beach. Age eligibility is from 8 years old and over.
- Banana Boat OceanKids swims
The Banana Boat OceanKids swims are a great ocean swimming event designed for kids wanting to get into ocean swimming. There are three swim distance options, one for each age group within the Banana Boat OceanKids – 100m for 7 & 8 year olds, 200m for 9 &10 year olds and 300m for 11 & 12 year olds. The courses are heavily supported by Surf Life Saving guards. Age eligibility is 7-12 years old.
- Brand new to the Banana Boat New Zealand Ocean Swim Series for 2018 / 19, the Amphibian swim/run options bring a new dimension to the Series. The Generation Homes Sand to Surf event will host the very first Amphibian with a 500m swim followed by a 4km run around the base of Mount Maunganui, which can be done as an individual or as a duo. Rotorua’s Generation Homes Legend of the Lake also features an Amphibian with a 1.5km swim cross the Blue Lake, 3km run around the Lake’s edge then a final 500m swim, which needs to be done as an individual.
- Duke of Marlborough Hotel Bay of Islands Classic
- The Gem
- Interislander Capital Classic
Oriental Bay, Wellington
- Generation Homes Sand to Surf
- Interislander The Big Tahuna
Tahunanui Beach, Nelson
- Generation Homes Legend of the Lake
16th and 17th March
Blue Lake, Rotorua
- Harcourts Cooper & Co Swim the Bridge