Michael Bublé's wife reveals how they discovered their son’s cancer

goss 17/07/2017

Actress and wife of Michael Bublé, Luisana Lopilato, has opened up about their three-year-old son’s cancer battle in a new interview.

The 30-year-old mum of two was filming a new movie in her native country of Argentina when she first sought treatment for son Noah.

She originally was told her son had mumps and wouldn’t require treatment, but two days later, Noah’s doctor told her that he had an infection, and required a full series of medical tests.

After they did the ultrasound, they told me they found something in his belly.

“So the day I found out Noah had something in his stomach and doctors didn’t really know what it was and whether it might be a tumour, I got a flight to the States.”

“Mike wasn’t with me. He was just about to do a very important interview in England and I couldn’t get hold of him on the phone.”

She and her husband Michael had previously made a pact to meet in Los Angeles should they ever require medical attention – a location that is between her family in Argentina and his family in Canada.

“Without saying anything to Michael, I took the plane. I took [Noah] to the hospital as soon as I arrived. We have an oncologist, a friend who does not take care of kids, but he saw him.”

“It was all from God. I don’t know how to explain it. If we hadn’t done that ultrasound to find out if he had mononucleosis, it would have been so much worse.”

Michael, who was in the middle of promoting his new album in the UK, and Luisana both made the decision to put their careers on hold last November to focus on their child.

“We did all the tests, and finally, we found out that it was what it was,” she says. “These things, when they happen to you in life, they make you realize that the most important thing isn’t what you thought it was — it’s to have faith, to be strong.”

“There were nights I couldn’t sleep, that I prayed to God,” she shares. “Because it is a long process — but thank God the worst is over.”

She adds: “For any parent, it’s devastating to receive news like this. It was very heavy. We received all the prayers, all the calls. The only thing that got me through it was faith, from the very beginning.”