While every Kiwi is heading to their favourite summer destination, tourists and travellers from New Zealand and around the globe have helped rank the country’s best beach.
In TripAdvisor’s 2017 Travellers’ Choice List of New Zealand Beaches, Bay of Plenty's Maunganui Beach has been once again ranked the #1 spot to be.
Fellow Bay of Plenty beaches Ohope and Papamoa also made the list at numbers #6 and #10 respectively.
Auckland had a few strong beaches, with Piha, Takapuna and St Helier’s Bay making the top 10.
In the South Island, only one beach made the list, Tasman’s Kaiteriteri Beach.
See the full list below:
- Maunganui Beach - Bay of Plenty
- Piha Beach - Auckland
- Oriental Bay - Wellington
- Ninety Mile Beach - Northland
- Whangamata Beach - Coromandel
- Ohope Beach - Bay of Plenty
- Takapuna Beach - Auckland
- Kaiteriteri Beach - Nelson/Tasman
- St. Helier's Bay - Auckland
- Papamoa Beach - Bay of Plenty