Verne Troyer, best known for playing Mini Me in the Austin Powers franchise, has died.
His family told TMZ he died on Saturday (local time) after being taken to hospital earlier in the month for possible alcohol poisoning.
Troyer, aged 49, has struggled with alcoholism for years, with a number of stints in rehab.
He was born with the genetic disorder achondroplasia dwarfism and was well known as one of the shortest men in the world.
He began his acting career in 1994 as a stunt double and went on to star in Men In Black and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
His family shared a statement on Facebook calling Troyer an "extremely caring individual" and a "fighter".
"Depression and suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another. And always know, it's never too late to reach out to someone for help," his family wrote.
Troyer was baptised in hospital surrounded by his family.
Where to find help and support:
- Need to Talk? - Call or text 1737
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
- Youthline - 0800 376 633, text 234, email email@example.com or online chat
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757
- Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)