We spend a huge amount of time sitting down, even more if you have an office job - but David Beckham's personal trainer, Shona Vertue, has some tips for how you can shed some weight while sitting down!
She calls it 'desk yoga' and it only takes 5 minutes. She recommends doing it once an hour for maximum effect.
- Close your eyes. Take three deep breaths. 3 seconds to inhale, 3 seconds to exhale.
- Keeping your eyes closed take your head to the left, keep your chest lifted, allow the opposite shoulder to pull away from you. Repeat on your right.
- Interlace the fingers behind the head, begin to lift your sternum towards the sky.
- Place the right hand on the outside of the left leg for a seated side stretch. Raise the left arm, turn your head towards your armpit and lean to the right. Repeat on the other side.
Take a seated twist to the left and right. Be careful to keep your chest lifted as you do this.
- Yawn. It’s really good for you. It helps the brain to reset.
- Interlace your fingers and stretch them upward towards the sky.
- Roll your ankles and wiggle your toes, it helps boost energy.
You can read her full step by step 'desk yoga' routine over on her website.