TVNZ broadcaster Greg Boyed has died suddenly in Europe.
The journalist and news presenter was on a holiday with his wife and son.
A statement from the family confirmed the death.
"It is with great sadness that we share news of the sudden death of broadcaster Greg Boyed on Monday, 20 August, whilst in Switzerland with his wife and youngest child.
"He was absolutely loved and adored. A treasured son, brother, husband and father, he will be deeply missed.
"Greg was a talented journalist, presenter, musician and an exceptional friend to those lucky enough to know him.
"Greg, 48, had been battling depression. Greg was the kindest and most caring man, a devoted father who cherished and loved his two children.
"We are all struggling to comes to terms with this."
Where to find help and support:
- Need to Talk? - Call or text 1737
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
- Youthline - 0800 376 633, text 234, email firstname.lastname@example.org or online chat
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757
- Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)