The Queen biopic movie 'Bohemian Rhapsody' is one of the most popular films of the year - but a lot happened behind the scenes to get Freddie Mercury's story on to the big screen.
Here are 10 things your probably didn't know about the film... *Spoilers follow*
- Film production got quite heated. Band members, cast and directors couldn't agree on how much of Freddie's wild side to show in the film.
- Controversial actor Sacha Baron Cohen was originally lined up to play Freddie. He was later replaced by Rami Malek following creative differences.
- The epic Live Aid performance was the first thing they filmed for the movie.
- In real life Freddie was diagnosed with AIDS after the Live Aid concert, not before.
- Rami worked extensively with a movement coach to master Freddie's iconic mannerisms
- When you hear Freddie sing in the movie, it's actually a blend of the singer himself, an impersonator and Rami.
- Thinking 'what would Freddie do?', Rami had the fake teeth he wore for the movie cast in gold.
- Quite a lot of Freddie's costumes were actually the originals.
- The music manager played by Mike Myers (who says 'no one will play Queen' in the film), is a fictional character.
- Freddie wasn't the first Queen member to go solo (unlike in the movie), drummer Roger Taylor did before Live Aid.