With The Lion King remake now in cinemas, fans' love for the classic film has been reignited.
But how much do you know about the Disney film? Here are 10 things you probably didn't know about The Lion King...
- The iconic Circle of Life lyrics "Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba/ Sithi uhm ingonyama..." translates to "There comes a lion - Oh yes, it's a lion."
- Before Tim Rice agreed to work with Elton John on the music for the film, he asked ABBA.
- It was originally called 'King of The Jungle' - but then they realised it wasn't really set in a jungle.
- A hyena researcher once sued Disney for defamation over how the animals are portrayed.
- Real animals were brought into the studios so they could be closely studied, including real lions!
- One of the most iconic songs of the movie 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' was almost cut from the film. The creators felt it didn't match the 'father & son' theme of the movie.
- Pumbaa was the first Disney character to fart on screen.
- After starring as Nala in the 2019 version, Beyonce has released an entire album called The Gift, which is inspired by the film.
- The name Nala translates to Gift.
- The name Simba translates to Lion.