Had a rough year and just want to sleep for the next 100 days? Well we've got some great news for you - you could be paid to do just that.
A sleep solutions company in India, Wakefit, are on the hunt for Sleep Interns who will be paid to simply sleep every night for at least 8 hours. Have you ever heard of an easier job?! Wakefit are offering payment of ₹1 lakh to each intern across the 100 days - about $2,100 NZD.
You do need to have some valuable qualifications and personal attributes though - for example you need to be able to fall asleep withing 10 to 20 minutes of hitting the pillow. No issues really.
Having dosed off in class or at work is a distinct advantage, and anyone who's glued to their TV or phone at night will be at a "distinct disadvantage".
"At Wakefit, we spend a lot of time and effort trying to study sleep patterns of individuals so that we can create intuitive products that aid a good night’s sleep. The successful candidate will display an ability to fall asleep just about anywhere – in traffic, in a meeting or even a noisy place like the bus stop. This exciting role gives you the opportunity to keep your boring day job and to make money while you sleep at night," reads the job description.
Basic qualifications you'll need include:
- A completed degree in any field. A history of falling asleep during class will be counted as relevant experience.
- We are seeking sleepy self-starters who are motivated enough to stay in bed for at least 8 hours of solid sleep.
- Demonstrated track record of prioritising sleep over social media.
- Attention to detail and a passion for clean bedsheets, cosy blankets and funky pajamas.
- Should be able to fall asleep within 10-20 minutes of hitting the pillow.
- Strong knowledge and a distinctive point of view on sleep products and how they contribute to better sleep.
- Should demonstrate qualities of a team player, when the team is likely to miss their bedtime or likely to indulge in activities that discourage sleep.
- Past Experience in sleeping in any kind of environment – irrespective of noise and brightness levels.
- A focused and disciplined approach to record and analyse personal sleeping patterns.
Preferred qualities include:
- Ability to adhere to strict guidelines of consumption of caffeinated beverages. We prefer candidates who have a taste for Chamomile.
- Binge watchers and people with nocturnal tendencies will be at a disadvantage.
- A low engagement and low activity on personal social media handles is a bonus.
- An innate ability to be laid back and stress free before bedtime.
- Snoring will be considered a disadvantage to securing this position.
- Alarm snoozers, abilities to sleep through multiple alarms, etc. are preferred.
We can't imagine anyone who WOULDN'T want to apply to be honest!