Hygiene is always important - but more so at the moment. That's why Frozen star Kristen Bell has shared this incredible photo on her Instagram.
The photo uses blue-light to show what our hands look like when not washed properly. The images start at 'un-washed hands' and go through to '30 seconds with soap'.
"My mom sent me the hand washing black light comparison.
30 SECONDS WITH SOAP YALL!!!" Kristen wrote alongside the pic.
People were amazed by the pics, many taking to the comments to share their horror at the pics...
"What we need to be doing is disinfecting our phones 🤮!" one person wrote.
"And now I am going to wash my hands with a 30 second timer lol. Thanks!" added another
The New Zealand Ministry of Health recommends the following as the best way to wash your hands...
- Wet your hands under clean running water. Use warm water if available.
- Put soap on your hands and wash for 20 seconds. Liquid soap is best.
- Rub hands together until the soap makes bubbles.
- Rub on both sides of both hands.
- and in between fingers and thumbs.
- and round and round both hands.
- Rinse all the soap off under clean running water. Use warm water if available.
- Dry your hands all over for 20 seconds. Using a paper towel is best (or, if at home, a clean dry towel).