If you're wanting a way to get the family cooking in the kitchen, try out this simple and easy recipe for flatbread you can pair with any meal!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 - 1 1/4cup of lukewarm water
- 1 table spoon baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon oil/butter/shortening
- Mix dry ingredients together and add most water, mix and add water until it has the consistency of tacky pizza dough.
- Knead for a few minutes.
- Let rest in a greased bowl for 30- 60 minutes.
- Divide into 6 pieces and roll out on a floured surface thin (tortilla thickness).
- Hear griddle to 350F (180C)
- Cook until golden brown spots appear and flip, cooking until done.
- They can be made ahead and kept under a flour towel or frozen for later use.