Forget your poached, fried, scrambled or sunny-side. Cloud Eggs have taken over the internet.
Eggs have known to always be a staple to the big Kiwi breakfast, but to one-up your game (and impress your breakfast guests) give the Cloud Egg technique a try. The skill level is a bit more difficult than your pan-fried eggs, but they are worth it.
Here's how to make them:
- First, separate the yolk from the white.
- Whisk the white as if you were making meringues and fold in any optional extras you may like, such as cheese, ham or little cubes of bacon.
- Place the whipped white in a cloud shape on a baking tray, leaving dips in the middle where the yolks will go later.
- Bake in an oven preheated at 230°C oven for five to eight minutes.
- Put the egg yolk in the middle of the cloud and return to the oven for three minutes before serving.