A recent survery of over 2000 mums has revealed the most common phrases mums are sick of hearing from friends, family and even strangers.
One of the researchers from OnePoll.com, the website which conducted the study, noted that "words are a powerful weapon, and some of these phrases will seriously wound a mum's self-esteem."
"It's bad enough hearing nasty comments aimed at yourself but when its your child being attacked, it's a double hurt and can be devastating."
The 30 Phrases Mums Are Most Sick of Hearing
- He’s a bit of a handful isn’t he?
- I would never let my child eat sugar
- My little one slept 12 hours last night
- Breast is definitely best
- You spoil your child
- Don’t you feel bad going back to work?
- I had all the cleaning and cooking done by 9am this morning
- Giving a child an iPad is just lazy parenting
- Oh, are they not walking yet?
- I wouldn't let my child watch that much TV
- You look tired, are the kids playing up?
- I wouldn't dream of giving my child a dummy
- Anything that starts with 'when my child was their age,.....'
- I think he’s just playing you up because you’re his mum
- My child will literally eat everything
- Oh, are they not talking yet?
- Oh, is she not sitting up yet?
- The teacher says my child is XX years ahead of his reading / writing age
- Oh, didn't your child get invited to their party
- I could never miss a school trip with my child
- My child was dry at night well before the age of XX
- My son wouldn’t struggle with the words in those book
- My child always eats their fruit and vegetables without a fight
- I can’t believe XX can count to 10 already
- My child is already toilet trained
- Well, he is very bright
- You're very brave parenting that way ...
- I couldn’t bring myself to buy a nativity costume, I’ll hand-make mine
- I don’t hold my child like that
- We always eat together as a family
Source: The Mirror