As you can imagine, divorce lawyers have probably seen more than their fair share of interesting relationships.
But a group of them have recently shared some unconvential advice they believe to be the key to a successful marriage.
- Try to be the first one to say, “I’m sorry.”
- When facing 'marriage turbulence', take care of yourself first.
- Be honest, but not too honest.
- Make a date for monthly 'state of the union' meetings.
- Be honest and upfront about the finances.
- Treat financial talks like business meetings.
- Remember not everyone is as happy as they seem on social media.
- Focus on your own marriage first.
- If you always win the argument, you may lose your marriage.
- Organise frequent couple getaways.
Source: Huffington Post