Mum shares terrifying warning after daughter gets locked in washing machine

parenting 18/07/2018

A mum's warning about washing machines have gone viral online with over 300,000 shares online. In the post, the mum shares the story of how her daughter accidentally got stuck inside their new front load washer.

"By the time we reached the laundry room in the basement, my three-year-old daughter Kloe was LOCKED inside the airtight washing machine," the mum wrote.

"It was tumbling and filling with water. She was screaming but you couldn't hear her."

Her and her husband manged to get the child out shortly after.

"Aside from a couple of small bumps on her head and wet clothes, she was fine," she added. She also confessed that many 'what ifs' and 'could haves' raced through their minds. 

"I post this because I can honestly say we did not realize the danger of this machine." she said.

"We are continually surprised at the new, inventive ways our kids come up with to try and die. And this was definitely a new one."

"Shaming the mum doesn’t do anyone any good. We need to be open and honest about our mistakes to help one another keep our kids safe. And trust me, that mum is already beating herself up enough."

This would've been a truly terrifying experience for the whole family, but we're pleased it all worked out. 

You can read her full post below...