A recent study has shown that on average, parents will fight with their kids 2184 times each year. The study examined 2000 families with kids aged betwen 2 and 12.
The results of the study also showed that on average, a family will spend 49 minutes a day having some kind of argument.
“Many parents believe that reaching a compromise with their children is the best way to keep everyone happy." the researchers said.
But what exactly are families arguing over? Check out the top 10 reasons for a family argument below...
- Children not eating everything on their plate
- Untidy bedrooms
- Children saying they are hungry but not wanting to eat anything healthy
- Children complaining they are full after barely touching their food
- Siblings fighting with each other
- Children eating sweets or chocolate before a meal
- Children trying to delay bedtime, or not going to sleep
- Children wanting to go on gadgets more often than they are allowed
- Children not brushing their teeth at all/ for long enough
Source: The Mirror