Some nights it can be hard to get enough sleep, but this life hack might be the answer you've needed!
A section of a book from the 1980s has resurfaced online and contains a trick that the US military use to fall asleep in 2 minutes.
"The US Navy Pre-Flight School developed a scientific method to fall asleep day or night, in any conditions, in under two minutes," the book reads.
"After six weeks of practice, 96 percent of pilots could fall asleep in two minutes or less. Even after drinking coffee, with machine gunfire being played in the background."
Here's how to do it:
- Relax the muscles in your face, including tongue, jaw and the muscles around the eyes
- Drop your shoulders as far down as they'll go, followed by your upper and lower arm, one side at a time
- Breathe out, relaxing your chest followed by your legs, starting from the thighs and working down
You should then spend 10 seconds trying to clear your mind before thinking about one of the three following images:
- You're lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but a clear blue sky above you
- You're lying in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room
- You say "don't think, don't think, don't think" to yourself over and over for about 10 seconds
See more from Newshub's Sarah Templeton