This Saturday is kiwi band Six60's sold-out show at Auckalnd's Western Springs Stadium. The band will be the first ever New Zealand band to headline at the iconic venue, and adding to the excitement, they are the first Kiwi band to ever sell out Western Springs.
The sold-out show will take place on February 23 with gates opening from 4pm, and the first act taking to the stage from 5pm.
A range of fellow Kiwi bands and artists will be supporting Six60 - Drax Project, Sons of Zion, Swidt and Illbaz are the supporting acts.
The event ends at 11pm.
According to Metservice, the weather for the day of the concert is set to reach a high of 24°C and head to an overnight low of 16°C. Periods of rain, possibly heavy, easing later. Strong northeasterlies will be changing to southerly later.
There is no onsite parking. During large events parking is available on the streets surrounding Western Springs Stadium (please be aware that some streets may be closed for the event delivery).
There will be a dedicated five-minute drop off and pick up zone located between St Lukes Road and Motions Road.
Travel on Special Event buses, trains and Northern Express (NEX) services is included with your concert ticket. Present your ticket when boarding to redeem your free travel and remember to keep your concert ticket for the ride home.
Special Event buses will depart from outside 4 Mayoral Drive (behind Aotea Centre) to Western Springs Stadium from 4:30pm. Special Event buses operate for one hour after the event has finished, or until the crowd has cleared.
Train services will operate to and from the city via the Western, Eastern, Southern (including Manukau) and Onehunga lines. These services travel to Britomart Station in Downtown Auckland. Ticket holders can use train services to transfer to/from Special Event buses at no cost from 4pm until the end of daily service.
Alternatively, train services on the Western Line travel to Morningside train station, which is approximately 20-25 minutes walking distance to Western Springs Stadium.
Ticket holders can use NEX services to transfer to/from Special Event buses at no cost from 4pm until the end of daily service.
'Is my seat covered?'
Western Springs is an entirely open air venue. Umbrellas may not be erected within the stadium during events. Rain may be on the cards, so make sure to bring a poncho or raincoat.
Food & Beverage:
A variety of food and beverage outlets with bar service will be located throughout the venue.
If you are under 25 please bring identification if you wish to purchase alcohol. Accepted forms of ID are - Passport, NZ Drivers Licence or HANZ 18+ card. If we are unsure of your age and you cannot present ID, you will not be able to purchase alcohol.
Eftpos is available at most food and beverage outlets
You are welcome to bring in small quantities of non commercially prepared food such as sandwiches, fruit or baking. You may also bring a sealed plastic bottle of water (up to 750ml) however please note that the lid will be removed and discarded on entry. Alternatively, you can bring an empty plastic bottle without the life (up to 750ml) to use at free water stations.
- Small personal cameras and camera phones are allowed. Professional cameras, or any camera with a lens larger than a standard watch face will not be permitted.
- Empty plastic bottle without lid (up to 750ml) to use at the free water stations.
- Sealed bottle of water (up to 750ml) - please note lid will be discarded on entry to the stadium.
- Disability assistance dogs.
- Small quantities of home prepared food.
- Bags larger than A3 (400mm x 300mm x 300mm)
- Video cameras and recording devices (this does not include mobile phones)
- Photographic devices with a lens larger than a standard watch face (not exceeding 4cm in diameter).
- Prams and strollers
- Selfie sticks, Go Pros, Drones
- Banners with poles
- iPads or Tablets
- Cans or glass of any kind
- Strictly NO alcohol or illicit drugs
- Branded or commercial food and drinks, including takeaways
- Metal utensils and containers, cutlery, etc.
- Chilly bins / Coolers
- Dangerous goods
- Fireworks, flares, lasers or flash lights
- Knives, Tasers, Mace, Chains, Spurs or Studded Jewellery
- Offensive weapons including, but not limited to, any object that may be used as a projectile such as glow sticks, balls, containers, etc.
- Air horns and loud hailers
- Umbrellas or other sun/rain shelters
- Furniture chairs or stools
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles or scooters
- Unauthorised promotional, marketing or advertising.
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs)
- Any other items deemed by stadium management or the promoter to be illegal, dangerous or a nuisance to yourself or others
Please note that prohibited items will be confiscated and will not be returned. If in doubt, leave it at home. Stadium management and the promoter take no responsibility for confiscated items.
Western Springs Stadium is a SMOKE FREE venue. Patrons must not smoke within the venue. This includes the use of e-cigarettes and vaporisers.