After a little bit of juggling dates around and having to reschedule due to the 2020 Academy Awards (congrats on your Oscar win, Elton!), Elton John is finally set to touch down in Auckland and perform a massive three shows at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium.
Get all of the details you need for the shows below.
What dates is Elton John performing in Auckland?
- Sunday 16th February 2020
- Tuesday 18th February 2020 (Note: rescheduled to Wednesday the 19th due to illness)
- Thursday 20th February 2020
5pm: Gates Open
6pm: Tate Sheridan
7:30pm: Elton John
10:15pm: Approx finish
Address: 2 Beasley Ave, Penrose, Auckland 1061
Mt Smart Stadium encourages ticketholders to take advantage of public transport as there are no general parking facilities onsite for concerts.
Onsite mobility parking is strictly available for patrons who hold a current mobility parking permit. To register for mobility parking please send your valid mobility permit number to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to present your mobility permit to traffic control staff for access - no exceptions.
Drop Off Point
Recommended drop off/pick up point is Church Street (west of Maurice Rd).
Travel on trains and special event buses to Elton John's concert at Mt Smart Stadium is included with your concert ticket.
Traffic and public transport will be busier than normal, please plan your journey in advance and allow extra time. Your concert ticket includes your trip to and from the event on trains, the Northern Express (NX1/2), and special event buses. Make sure you save your ticket for the ride home!
Regular bus services operate via Great South Road past the Penrose train station.
The 670, 743 and 66 crosstown services travel via Mt Smart Stadium.
Use the Journey Planner to plan your journey to the stadium.
Train services on the Onehunga and Southern Line travel to the Penrose train station, which is in walking distance (approximately 10-15 minutes) to Mt Smart Stadium.
Post event: You may experience delays between trains when transferring to another line. We recommend checking the timetables and planning your journey to and from events in advance.
For information about closures on the rail network which may affect your journey, visit Future works on the Auckland rail network.
The Downtown Ferry Terminal is next to the Britomart Transport Centre; ferry passengers can easily change to a bus or train for transport to Penrose train station.
Food & Beverage:
A variety of food and beverage outlets with bar service will be located throughout the venue.
Anyone under 25 years of age will be ID'd when purchasing alcohol.
Eftpos is available at most food and beverage outlets.
You are welcome to bring in small quantities of non commercially prepared food such as sandwiches, fruit or baking. You may also bring a sealed plastic bottle of water (up to 750ml) however please note that the lid will be removed and discarded on entry. Alternatively, you can bring an empty plastic bottle without the lid (up to 750ml) to use at free water stations.
Allowed Items // Banned Items:
What you can bring:
- A small bag that can fit under your seat, no larger than 350mm x 300mm x 400mm
- One sealed plastic water bottle up to 750ml. Please note that depending on the security requirements of the event, the lid may be removed and discarded on entry
- Home prepared foods such as baking, sandwiches or fruit
- Guide Dogs
What you cannot bring:
- Commercially prepared foods such as takeaways and soft drinks
- Chilly bins
- Cans, aluminium or glass containers, bottles or cutlery
- Alcohol or illicit drugs
- Air horns or loud hailers
- Furniture, chairs or stools
- Prams or strollers
- Rain or shade umbrellas
- Animals (except for Guide Dogs)
- Dangerous goods
- Video cameras and recording devices such as Go Pros (cell phones are ok)
- Selfie sticks
- Face masks
- Cameras with a removable lens, a lens larger than a regular watch face or cameras which may be deemed to be for professional use.
- Large items that cannot be placed under the seat.
- Skateboards, rollerblades or scooters
- Fireworks, flares or laser lights
- Items that in the opinion of management/security could cause harm or nuisance to other patrons.
If in doubt, please leave it at home. Stadium Management takes no responsibility for goods surrendered.
Mt Smart Stadium is a SMOKE FREE venue. This includes the use of e-cigarettes and vaporisers.
For more information, head to the Auckland Stadiums web