An Australian mum has been left slightly red-faced after making an embarrassing discovery over 'broken' microwave.
"For years, I thought the buttons were wearing. Turns out I never took the plastic off," she said in a post on Facebook.
"On the plus side, brand-new looking microwave."
But it turns out she wasn't the only person to have made the same mistake!
"I found mine after three years. I was about to get cranky at the kids because it was gross after I had wiped it over and looked like the start button was melting." one mum confessed.
"Just realised I have the exact same microwave and was experiencing the same issues with the buttons. I just went and checked and yes I hadn’t taken the plastic off either." a second parent admitted.
It didn't end at microwaves though "I recently sat in the back seat of our car and realised the DVD players still have their protective plastic on them. I never sit in the back so never realised and the kids never mentioned it." one person added.
A good reminder that sometimes it just pays to double check!