Air fryers are changing the way people can cook meals, and this 3-ingredient air fryer sausage roll recipe is so quick and easy, we can't think of how it could go wrong!
Air fryer fan Melissa revealed in the Share Kmart Air Fryer Recipes Australia Facebook group her "cheat" version of sausage rolls features pork and beef meatballs, shredded mozzarella cheese, and frozen puff pastry sheets.
Covering her meatballs and mozzarella with a strip of puff pastry, she cooks them for 8 minutes on both sides before plating her tasty bite-sized sausage rolls. And fans couldn't help commenting how impossibly easy it all sounds!
“This is straight out witchcraft and I love it!” said one.
Added another: “Very clever. My grandsons will love making these. A lot less messy than using sausage meat. Less cleaning up for me. Winner winner.”
"What a great idea. I’ll try it for sure. Better than the Kmart sausage roll maker,' said another fan.
Melissa also recommends after you cook them in the air fryer, they taste great dipped in barbecue sauce. Yum!
Read the full recipe below:
- 1 pack Beef & Pork Meatballs*
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Frozen puff pastry sheets
- Cut a piece of puff pastry into long strips about the width of your meatball. Then cut each strip in half.
- Place a meatball in the centre of a piece of puff pastry.
- Top with a little mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap the puff pastry over so it encloses the meatball. Brush with milk wash.
- Place in an air fryer at 180C for 8 minutes on both side
*Can always be substituted for other meatball flavours!