Shocking video shows dangers St John workers face on NZ streets
Ambulance officers are being hit, kicked, punched, spat at and verbally abused on the job at an alarming rate, St John says.
Chief executive Peter Bradley says there have been nearly 3000 incidents where staff have been abused this year.
5 Quick facts...
- About 70 percent of crew abuse incidents were verbal.
- Nearly a third of incidents involved some form of physical and verbal abuse.
- Of the approximately 65 physical assaults reported each month, six to 10 are very serious.
- Half of all crew abuse incidents involved alcohol or recreational drug abuse.
- Most incidents of abuse occur during the weekend.
St John suggests the best way to help is to spread their message by sharing this video.