- Don't speed
- Make sure your tyre pressure is correct
- Avoid using the air con
- Take off any roof racks
- Drive smoothly
- Keep your load down
- Reduce idling time
- Avoid making short trips
A study from the AA found that making these small adjustments can actually have quite an impact on your fuel!
- Poor driving style - used almost 20% more
- Added weight and drag - used 11.11% more
- Incorrect tyre pressures - used 7.76% more
- Air conditioning off - saved 8.68%*
- Using fuel-efficient tyres - saved 4.71%
There's also a great app that Kiwis can use to find the cheapest petrol station in your corner of NZ.