With Christmas fast approaching - it wouldn't be the festive season without some delicious roast potatos!
Well Australian dietitian and nutritionist Laura Ford has the key to delicious roast potatoes - and it might not be what you think!
“The most addictive potatoes you’ll ever eat are these Honey Butter Roast Potatoes.” she wrote on her Instagram.
“The perfect balance of sweet and salty with the crispiest edges! Sorry in advance, because honestly you won’t be able to stop eating these guys.”
Thankfully she also shared a recipe… So here’s how to make them
- 2kg red baby potatoes, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- All purpose seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 - 2 tbsp honey (depending how sweet you like it, 1.5 works for my tastebuds)
- Fresh thyme leaves to garnish (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the potatoes. Cook the potatoes for 4-5minutes until tender but not mushy (you want them to hold their shape and not fall apart).
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 200C. Place olive oil and butter onto a tray and place in the oven for 2 minutes until the butter has melted. Add the drained potatoes and turn potatoes in the oil to ensure they’re well coated. Season with all purpose seasoning, salt and pepper. Ensure the potatoes are spread out evenly and not overlapping. This will allow for maximum crispiness so if you need to use 2 trays, do so.
- Bake potatoes for 30 mins, then flip and bake for a further 25-30 mins until crispy. Note: this time is a guidance, so if your potatoes don’t look crispy at 30 mins, continue to cook until they’re golden brown.
- Drizzle honey (or maple syrup) over the potatoes while hot and garnish with fresh thyme.
This could totally be worth trying out ASAP