Get ready to raise your glasses because one Otago vineyard has just been named one of the greatest places to visit for wine tourism in the world!
The South Island’s Rippon vineyard Ranked 11th in the world's best vineyards list - a New Zealand gem leaving its mark on the global wine scene.
It only just missed making the top 10 mark among many other renowned wine destinations in countries like Argentina, Spain, South Africa, France and Chile.
Now, let me spill on why it’s ranked among the best of the best.
The judges couldn't get enough of Rippon, describing it as the “perfect location for an evening of music and merrymaking beneath the southern stars”.
”[Rippon] produces a highly lauded range of Pinot Noir from this magnificent landscape and its biodynamically-farmed vineyards.”
Hats off to the crew at Rippon, who know how to make visitors feel right at home.
Hazel Nasta, the brilliant human behind the cellar door, told Stuff all about their “vine-to-glass approach”.
“The visitor experience is the final stage of our vine-to-glass approach to wine growing. Every stage respects what has come before and we always hope that visitors will get a feel for the care and consideration that goes into our farming at Rippon.”
Now, if you're wondering who's behind serving out these honourable awards, it’s William Reed Media who is also behind for the world's 50 best restaurants awards. Seems like the peeps there have some good taste!
So, if you find yourself in the Otago region, know that you’re among some of the world’s best in the wine biz, you may even want to try a glass or two while you’re there!
Top 20 vineyards
- Catena Zapata (Argentina)
- Bodegas de los Herederos del Marqués de Riscal (Spain)
- Vik (Chile)
- Creation Wines (South Africa)
- Château Smith Haut Lafitte (France)
- Bodega Garzón (Uruguay)
- Montes (Chile)
- Domäne Schloss Johannisberg (Germany)
- Bodegas Salentein (Argentina)
- El Enemigo Wines (Argentina)
- Rippon (New Zealand)
- Weingut Dr. Loosen (Germany)
- Finca Victoria - Durigutti Family Winemakers (Argentina)
- Domäne Wachau (Austria)
- Quinta do Crasto (Portugal)
- Quinta do Noval (Portugal)
- d'Arenberg (Australia)
- Château d'Yquem (France)
- Château Pape Clément (France)
- Jordan Vineyard & Winery (US)