In Auckland’s Newmarket, ‘the world’s most boring pop-up store’ has just opened amongst all the bougie stores, and it's full of parsnips. Just. Parsnips.
It turns out Jetstar is behind Parsnip Place, located at 242 Broadway, and while it looks like there's just a bunch of parsnips to choose from and deadpan staff to serve you, you can actually end up winning flight vouchers.
We are just as confused as you are - it's something about the world being boring without choice - but if there's cheap or free travel involved, are we complaining? No.
If you don't happen to be in Auckland or aren't keen to check out Parsnip Place, you can get amongst their 'Parsnip or Trip' sale, which starts at midday today.
Domestic flights are on sale from $30 and you can hop across the Tasman for $139.
- Christchurch to Wellington from $30^
- Auckland to Christchurch from $36^
- Auckland to Wellington from $37^
- Wellington to Queenstown from $41^
- Auckland to Dunedin from $54^
- Auckland to Queenstown from $56^
- Auckland to Sydney from $139^
- Auckland to Gold Coast from $159^
- Wellington to Gold Coast from $159^
- Auckland to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $169^
- Christchurch to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $169^
- Queenstown to Gold Coast from $179^
- Christchurch to Gold Coast from $183^
- Queenstown to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $189^
- Queenstown to Sydney from $199^
Travel dates for the sale fares vary for each route but start from mid-October and go through to early December of this year.
The whole point of the pop-up, Jetstar says, is to visualise a life without different airlines to choose from. That would mean a life resigned to the 24/7 boringness of the beige cousin of the carrot.
“Because life without choice, isn’t choice,” the wall of the pop-up reads.
They also ensure that “no parsnips were harmed in the making, and, following the event, all are being donated to a number of Auckland food banks”.
As long as the parsnips are safe and the vacays are cheap, we're on!