After months of deliberation and taste testing, Air New Zealand has finally revealed their latest in-flight snacks.
Passengers will have 14 new options to choose from, all made here in New Zealand. They won’t all be available on every flight - some on domestic, some on long-haul and some just for premium tickets.
And before you panic, Air NZ is keeping the fan-fave Cookie Time cookies on the menu, yay!
Air New Zealand’s new in-flight snacks:
- Graze's skinny-dipped almonds and nut and chocolate blends
- Serious Pea Puffs real cheese flavour
- Project Be Kind's Choc Wafers and Trail Mix
- Snackachangi Vinegar & Salt Chips
- Dr Bugs' Lemon Meringue Pie and Feijoa Cider Gourmet Popcorn Treats
- Aotearoa Chocolate milk chocolate-coated pretzels
- Tasti's Oat-Baked Squares in choc chip, chocolate brownie, raspberry white chocolate and salted caramel flavours
- Trade Aid's Rich Chocolate Treat
- Molly Woppy's White-Choc-Coated Ginger Biscuit
- Torere Macadamias cinnamon glazed flavour
- Molly Woppy's shortbread
- QB's Crunchy Cheese
- Pure Delish's Primal Bar
- Chantal Organics - Corn Puffs Churro or Bang Bang Chicken Flavour
The winning snacks were chosen by five Kiwi 'snacksperts.' The randomly selected members of the public, aged between 10 and 81, were flown to Auckland and got to chow down on a range of foods before deciding on the best.
Leanne Geraghty, the airline’s chief customer and sales officer, said cutting it down to just 14 was a tough process.
“Throughout this whole process, we’ve been amazed by the quality and calibre of suppliers,” she told Stuff.
“Whether they’re a social enterprise wanting to help a worthy cause, or a family-run business trying to highlight the best local produce -we’ve been extremely impressed and making a decision hasn’t been easy.”
“We want to give our customers a fantastic experience from the moment they are welcomed aboard our aircraft, and that includes having a variety of snacks to satisfy a sweet tooth and savoury lovers alike.”
Personally, the chocolate-covered pretzels are going to be my first try!