AI technology is taking over the internet and helping everyday people do anything from writing resumes to creating complex computer code. And while we're getting you guys to help crown More FM's Biggest Pop Artist Ever, we wanted to know what happens when you get an impartial robot to decide the most culturally significant pop culture moments of all time.
So we posed that question to Chat GPT, and this is what it decided:
1. Michael Jackson's Moonwalk: During a performance of "Billie Jean" at the Motown 25th Anniversary in 1983, Michael Jackson debuted the moonwalk dance move, which became one of the most iconic moments in pop history.
2. Michael Jackson's Thriller Music Video: Released in 1983, Michael Jackson's Thriller music video became an instant cultural phenomenon, and is widely regarded as one of the greatest music videos of all time.
3. Spice Girls' Debut Single "Wannabe": Released in 1996, the Spice Girls' debut single "Wannabe" became a worldwide hit and helped to launch the era of "Girl Power" in pop music.
4. Britney Spears' "I'm a Slave 4 U" Performance at the MTV Video Music Awards: In 2001, Britney Spears performed "I'm a Slave 4 U" at the MTV Video Music Awards, wearing a python around her neck and cementing her status as a pop icon.
5. Madonna and Britney Spears' Kiss at the MTV Video Music Awards: In 2003, Madonna and Britney Spears shocked the world by kissing during their performance at the MTV Video Music Awards, creating a media frenzy and becoming one of the most memorable moments in pop history.
6. Beyoncé's "Single Ladies" Video: In 2008, Beyoncé's "Single Ladies" music video went viral and became an instant pop culture phenomenon, with its iconic dance moves and minimalist set.
7. Kanye West Interrupting Taylor Swift's Award Speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards: During Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for Best Female Video at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Kanye West stormed the stage and declared that Beyoncé deserved the award instead, sparking a major controversy and becoming a defining moment of pop culture in the 2000s.
8. Lady Gaga's Meat Dress at the MTV Video Music Awards: In 2010, Lady Gaga showed up at the MTV Video Music Awards wearing a dress made entirely of meat, sparking a conversation about animal rights and creating a visual moment that will go down in pop history.
9. Adele's "Hello" Music Video: Adele's "Hello" music video broke the record for the most views on YouTube in 24 hours, and its emotional power and stunning visuals cemented Adele's status as one of the greatest vocalists of all time.
10. Miley Cyrus' Twerking at the MTV Video Music Awards: Miley Cyrus' controversial twerking performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards sparked a nationwide conversation about cultural appropriation and helped to solidify her new image as a rebellious pop star.
Interestingly, women have defined eight of the ten biggest pop moments, while Michael Jackson and Britney Spears had two major instances (of many!) pointed out in a list of the top 10. Will they also be the same people that dominate More FM's Biggest Pop Artist Ever? What else should have made this list?