With Mother's Day happening this Sunday, it's a time for us to celebrate out mums for all of the work that they do for us... But no doubt growing up you were witness to some of these popular 'mum sayings'.
The Huffington Post have done some work and come up with the most popular sayings as used by mums!
- Don’t look at me with those eyes.
- If you keep making that face, it’ll freeze that way.
- If you want to act like a child, I’ll treat you like one.
- Quiet down, I can’t even hear myself think.
- One day you’ll thank me.
- Children are to be seen, not heard.
- Because I said so, that’s why!
- As long as you’re under my roof, you live by my rules.
- You've got a brain, use it.
- Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
- Are your legs broken?
- If all of your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?
- "But, Jen’s mom lets her do it?" "Then go live with Jen’s mum!"
- Shut the door, were you born in a tent?
- Your room looks like a cyclone ran through it.
- Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.
- Let’s play the quiet game.
- Someone better be bleeding.
- Where are your manners — were you raised by wolves?
- I’m not asking, I’m telling.
- When you have kids, I hope they’re just like you.
- Don’t you use that tone with me!
- Stop crying or I’ll give you something to cry about.
- You better wipe that look off your face.
- Don’t make me: tell you again/come back there/turn this car around etc.
Source: Huffington Post