Easter, the one day that's dreaded by all those non-chococlate lovers out there. Look, they may few and far between, but we support all minorities over here at More FM.
Not much of a sweet tooth? Well you're in luck, New World has come to the rescue with their new Bacon and Cheese Hot Cross Toasties recipe and we're all about it.
It may seem like a bit of a odd combination at first, but trust us, it's delish and the perfect bite sized snack for any morning teas or shared lunches you may have coming up in the next couple of weeks.
Check out the recipe below!
- 6 hot cross buns
- 6 thick rashers of smoky streaky bacon
- 250g of smoky Chedder cheese, grated
- Tomato relish to serve (optional)
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place the bacon rashers on a non-stick oven tray, cook until golden and crispy, then flip and repeat on the other side. Remove and rest on paper towels.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and place cut side up on a clean oven tray.
- Top each half with a small pile of the grated cheese.
- Pop under the grill until melted and bubbling, then remove from the oven.
- To assemble, cut each bacon rasher in half and place the two pieces on the bottom half of each hot cross bun. Top with a little tomato relish (if you like), pop on the hot cross bun top and devour immediately.