Do you want to know how many times you’re going to say no to your kid?
Well, this handy calculator is claiming to have the answer…
Whether you’re the kind of parent to constantly tell your kids "no", or lean more heavily to yes these days, the calculator will give you an estimate of how many times you'll say "yes" and "no" before your kids turn 16.
Right down to letting your kid have a sweet treat or stay up past their bedtime, just put own an estimate of how many times you say ‘yes’ and ‘no’ on an average day and it will punch out your magic number.
The programme was created after research revealed that parents tell their kids "no" 8,395 times year on average.
According to a poll of 2,000 parents of children between the ages of 1 and 16 say no around 23 times every day, with dads more likely to play ‘bad cop’ over mums.
Some of the top things parents say 'no' to are:
- Staying up past bedtime
- Sweets just before bed
- Buying something every time you go shopping
- More screen time in general
- Putting off homework until later
- Wanting to play with food – rather than eat it
- To have a go on your phone
- Getting a new toy
- Having fast food for dinner (“we have food at home”)
- Going outside when it's raining