If you're after something quick and easy to satisfy your sweet tooth, then these simple 4-ingredient cinnamon donuts are an absolute must-try.
This recipe is perfect for the kids or grandies to help you out with making, and is always gobbled up when taken to a pot luck or party!
The recipe uses four staple ingredients that you more than likely already have in the pantry - self-raising flour, sugar, milk and cinnamon.
To cook the donuts you can either use an air fryer (like we did) or a deep fryer. If you have neither, heat some oil up in a pan and shallow fry until the donuts go golden.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4c milk
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Cinnamon sugar (this is to roll your donuts in at the end so amount will vary from person to person. Mix your cinnamon with sugar to make it go further.)
1. In a bowl add flour, sugar and milk. Mix until combined.
2. Using clean hands, grab bits of the dough and roll into balls.
3. Place balls into deep-fryer or air-fryer and cook until golden. (Air-fryer 180c for about 10 minutes).
4, Remove from deep-fryer/air-fryer and roll in cinnamon sugar. If you used a air-fryer, melt a bit of butter and brush it over the donut before coating in cinnamon to help it stick better.