With Halloween just around the corner, Tiktok users are buzzing about this super simple DIY decoration for the spooky season.
TikTok user Juliana Valencia DIY'ed an adorable spider web-shaped rug that went viral on the app, inspiring others to try the project at home.
Below is a step-by-step guide for re-creating this affordable spider web rug!
- Purchase a black rectangular floor mat from Kmart or any similar discount store.
- Draw a spider web silhouette with a white fabric marker directly onto the mat.
- Cut about an inch away from the outside border, and use a lighter to carefully burn the edge and give it a smoother finish.
- Using white acrylic paint, trace over the marker lines with a paintbrush. You may want to do several coats, depending on how thick and solid you prefer the lines.
- If you plan to stick the mat in a high-trafficked area of your home, we suggest placing a non-slip rug pad underneath so, it doesn't slide around too much.