Christmas is getting closer and although it may be known as the 'most wonderful time of the year', not everyone agrees with this.
A study of 2,000 people has shown that almost half of adults 'dread' the festive period, with buying meaningful gifts named the trickiest thing about the season.
Pleasing everyone and cooking dinner for the family is considered stressful for one in five adults while putting up decorations, keeping presents hidden and a lack of exercise also feature on the list and tensions are at their highest in the third week of December.
However, two-thirds (66%) said that the festive stress was worth it in the end - and 44% even said Christmas day itself was the happiest day of the year.
Below is the list of the most stressful things at Christmas time:
1. Buying presents
2. The amount of money that is spent overall
3. Pleasing everyone
4. Doing the big food shop
5. Having enough money to last you through December
6. Wrapping presents
7. Putting on weight
8. Running out of time to do everything
9. Cooking the dinner in general
10. Saving enough money throughout the year to afford it all