This kiwi summer hasn't been the sunniest around Aotearoa, but that doesn't mean the kids can't play in the ‘sand’.
This mum has taken to TikTok to show her easy sand that she makes that is safe if her kids end up accidentally end up having a taste test.
Children can often end up getting so engrossed in their playtime that they just need to take a little bite out of curiosity, but as @ellethevirgo has shown us, all you need is a box of cheerios and a blender to create kid-safe sand.
People took to the comments, praising the mum for making their life a little easier, with one commenting: “Yess!! So if she accidentally eats the sand it’s ok bc it’s freaking Cheerios lol."
Trips to the actual beach might need a little extra supervision with the real sand, but as @ellethevirgo says in a comment on her video: "Update: it’s been a year and she still hasn’t tasted real sand."