After Anita from our office made this delicious slice at a recent bake-off, we just had to share it with you!
Lana from The Breakfast Club called it "the best thing I've ever eaten", so that's recommendation enough!
- 140 g pretzels crushed
- 100 g butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tins of condensed milk
- 1/3 cup of golden syrup
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 200 g Chocolate - 70% cocoa
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees for a fan forced oven.
- Melt butter and mix in with brown sugar and combine well.
- Mix in the pretzels
- Press into a lined sliced tin.
- Bake in oven till golden brown approx 10-12 minutes. This will be bubbly and quite soft, don't panic. Just let it cool down before you place the caramel mixture on it.
- Over a low heat combine the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Allow to cool before pouring over the pretzel base.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool before decorating with chocolate layer.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; stir until combined and smooth. (You can also melt this in the microwave as you would normally do.)
- Pour over the caramel mixture and spread evenly.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cutting up and serving.