In June 2022 we had the challenge to find NZ’s Next Top Toastie, and three guesses who won… my Hot Pocket! (sorry about it Gary and Adam)
I wanted to be different to the competition so brought a little sweet twist in with my toastie and it went down a treat.
We even took my Hot Pocket on tour and whipped up a morning tea shout so more people could try it.
The results are conclusive, you HAVE to make this…
- White Bread
- Canned apple
- Condensed milk
- Cinnamon & sugar mix (inside toastie & garnish)
- Ice-cream to serve
- Using white bread add some diced canned apples.
- Create a mix of cinnamon and sugar, add some of this to the apple but reserve some for a garnish.
- Drizzle the apple with condensed milk (you can buy squeeze bottles of the stuff now!)
- Cook in the sandwich and press until golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and add the rest of your cinnamon sugar mix on top.