New Zealand is gorgeous. We all know this, but it's even easier to enjoy when you're on holiday - and you're not the one hosting!
Airbnb has just added a 'Guest Favourites' feature, designed to help you find the best of the best places to unwind - with only 5-star ratings in the mix.
You can use this anywhere in the world, but of course, we were dying to know where the top spots to stay in Aotearoa can be found, and this list doesn't disappoint.
New Zealand's Top Ten Airbnb Listings:
1. Okari Cottage (Cape Foulwind)
2. Kiwi farm stay with a view (Kawakawa)
3. Black Peak Chalet (Wanaka)
4. Magpies Mirror Chalet (Whangamata)
5. Spacious and Modern Well Appointed Apartment (Waihi Beach)
6. Studio 8, private studio with commanding views! (Cable Bay)
7. The Cabin (Fantail Grove, Hamurana)
8. Lake End Retreat (Hurworth)
9. Pau Hana Studio (Kūaotunu)
10. Cottage on Venice (Martinborough)
If those options are all booked up, you'll want to look to throw the net a little wider, in which case it might be nice to know which regions in New Zealand get the most love from Airbnb guests.
Small-town hospitality triumphs in this list, with no major cities making the top 10, proving it's often better to go off the beaten track to get an authentic and memorable experience.
New Zealand's most hospitable towns, cities and regions:
- Carterton, Wellington Region
- South Taranaki, Taranaki Region
- Waipa, Waikato Region
- South Waikato, Waikato Region
- Matamata-Piako, Waikato Region
- Selwyn, Canterbury Region
- Rangitikei, Manawatu-Whanganui
- Hauraki, Waikato Region
- Hastings, Hawke's Bay Region
- Waimakariri, Canterbury Region
As well as 'Guest Favourites' listings having an average rating of 4.9 and above, they all also have hardly any record of host cancellations or customer service issues - sounds pretty good, right?
With summer well and truly on the way, it's a fab time to explore your own backyard, so start planning!