If you love meat and you love spicy food, then this is for you!
Inspired by Kathy Paterson's recipe (but with more heat!)
- 8 Beef sausages
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, finely sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp Curry powder, hot
- 2 cup Chicken stock, or beef stock
- 2 cup Canned tomatoes, diced in juice
- 4 Tbsp Chutney, or relish, optional
- 2 tbsp curry
- a good shaking of chilli flakes
- coriander for garnish
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Slit the casings of each sausage and remove the meat (or squeeze the sausage meat from the casings). Divide each sausage into 2 and roughly shape into freeform sausages. Add oil to the pan and when hot place in the sausages and brown all over, then continue cooking until sausages are just cooked through. Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper to drain.
- Lower the heat and remove all but 1 Tbsp of fat from the pan. Add the onion and cook until soft and lightly browned. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic. Pour in the stock and tomatoes and season with salt. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes until the sauce is syrupy.
- Return sausages to the pan and heat through. Serve dolloped with chutney, if using, and garnish with chilli flakes and chopped coriander.